Today’s smartphone world is flooded with many messaging apps. But not likely the WhatsApp. It has covered over the billions of active users every day. WhatsApp is trustworthy and simple from its launch. Sadly most of the people are not aware of its best features. Knowing some of these WhatsApp tricks could make your messaging experience even better.
WhatsApp has done a lot of changes from the beginning. Since we all using WhatsApp from very long time, many of us already aware of these tricks which I am sharing right now. Check out these 7 useful tricks and be a WhatsApp Guru.
Let’s Jump into It!
Disable Last Seen Timestamps
Last seen Timestamp tell us whether the user is online or not. It also tells when user was using WhatsApp last time. Its quite annoying if someone is tracking us. No worries it has a solution!
To Disable the Last Seen Timestamp follow the steps below:
- Open WhatApp then click on 3 dots on the top of the right-hand corner.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Account’ option. Under ‘Privacy’ menu you will find ‘Last Seen’ option. Tap to expand and Select according to your preferences. Select ‘Nobody’ to hide last seen timestamp from everyone.
Listen to Private Voice Messages Confidentially
There will be certain occasions like being in public place or spending time with family. In such case, you may receive the WhatsApp voice messages which contain private information.
To handle such occasions, WhatsApp has provided the beautiful feature. All you need to do is Play the voice message and keep the phone to your ear. A voice message will play automatically in your earpiece, instead of the loud speaker.
Sync WhatsApp with Your PC to Send and Receive Messages
This WhatsApp trick comes handy, when you are working on a PC, and not in a position to take your phone and reply to the messages.
- To sync your WhatsApp with PC follow the steps mentioned over here.
- Head over to Google and type in web.whatsapp.com or download the WhatsApp for Windows or Mac.
- After completing the first step, you need to scan the QR code shown up on your screen.
- Open your WhatsApp on your phone and go to setting by pressing 3 dots on the top. Click on WhatsApp Web.
- Phone camera will open automatically. (Give permission to access your camera, if asking.) Facing your camera on the desktop screen and Scan the QR code.
Now desktop will connect to your WhatsApp, and you will be able to receive all the messages. (Note: Keep your mobile WhatsApp ON, till you are using it on PC.)
Tag Friends in Your Group Chat
Tagging friend is the best option if you want to mention someone while group chats. To do that, just type @ symbol in the text box and you will get an option to tag a friend you want.
Make Your Text Standout in the Crowd
Text formatting is one of the unique features; many people are unknown it. You can change your text to Italic, Bold, and Strike-Through. Simple WhatsApp Tricks can help you out.
- To make your text bold (*) before and after the text Example: *Bold* = Bold.
- For Italic add (_) before and after the text. Example: _Italic_ =
- Add (~) at the beginning and end of the text you will have a strike through. Example: ~Strike-Through~ = Strike-Through.
You can try out different combination like _*Bold*_, ~*Bold*~, etc. Below video will make you clearer.
Read WhatsApp Messages Without Knowing by Sender
WhatsApp allows sender to know whether recipients read the message or not. This feature has both advantages and disadvantages. If you are not in a position to reply sender instantly, he/she may feel bad. To overcome from this, you can disable ‘Read Receipts.’ Follow the steps:
- Go to ‘Setting’ and then select ‘Account’ and chose ‘Privacy’ in it.
- Scroll all the way down and uncheck the ‘Read Receipts.’
Find who has Read Your Message in a Group Chat
When you are messaging in a group blue ticks will not show up until unless all the members see your text. To know who has already seen your message follow the steps mentioned below.
- Long press on the message you have sent. Many icons will pop up on the top.
- Click on the (i) icon, and you will be able to see who has received and read your message.
WhatsApp has come up with whole bunch of new stuff. I will be covering those cool WhatsApp tricks in our upcoming articles. Stay tune with us.